2022 Annual Meeting
This meeting of GFMD’s General Assembly on April 5th 2022 is being held online and in-person in Brussels in order to fulfil the legal requirements of our Belgium registration.
Date: Tuesday 5 April
Time: 14:00 - 15:00 CET
Executive Committee members:
- GFMD executive director: Mira Milosevic
- GFMD head of policy and learning: Tom Law
For full details see section seven of the GFMD constitution.
The relevant items for this meeting are:
The General Assembly:
- Approves annual financial report, including remuneration of members of the Executive Committee and the Steering Committee, the appointment of auditors or representatives and their fees, and the annual budget.
GFMD's Chair (Zoe Titus), Deputy Chair (Jan Lublinski), and Executive Director (Mira Milosevic) will open the meeting and welcome members and guests.
As GFMD Chair Zoe Titus, is joining via video link, if for any reason she is unable to attend for any part of the meeting, Deputy Chair, Jan Lublinski will chair the meeting.
- Adopting GFMD's 2021 audited accounts.
- Adopting GFMD's budget for this financial year.
- Acceptance of GFMD's auditor for this financial year.
The General Assembly in Tirana also agreed:
That the new constitution, once reviewed by GFMD’s lawyers, will be registered as the organisation’s new statute.
The Steering Committee and Executive Committee will be registered in Belgium as Administrators of GFMD.
The new Constitution has been reviewed by GFMD's lawyers to ensure that it meets the requirements of Belgium law and translated into French.
In order to meet GFMD's responsibilities under Belgium law, the formal adoption of the constitution will be adopted by GFMD members present in person and online in the presence of the notary.
In order for the new Constitution to be officially adopted, at least two-thirds of GFMD General Members present at the General Assembly need to vote in favour of it being adopted.
According to the requirements of GFMD's Brussels regsitration, this meeting of the GFMD General Assembly must approve the 30 September 2021 election of the GFMD Steering Committee so that this can be witnessed our notary.
The GFMD new Steeering Committee was elected in Tirana on 30 September 2021.
Tom Law from the GFMD Secretariat explained the nomination and voting process:2 Aug. - 10 Sept. – Members were invited to submit their candidacy for the Steering Committee.21 - 28 Sept. – A full list of candidates for the Steering Committee was shared with the CEO, Director or designated GFMD representative of each general member with a secure link that tracked who had voted but not who they had voted for.29 Sept. – The voting commission met to verify that the votes have been cast and counted fairly.The outgoing Chairperson Ricardo Corredor informed the meeting that:
- Out of GFMD’s 103 general members, 81 were eligible to cast a vote (as per the Constitution, only members who are up to date on membership fees are able to vote at the General Assembly).
- 60 votes were cast. There were no invalid votes.The outgoing Chairperson Ricardo Corredor announced the duly elected members of the new Steering Committee.
Our notary has advised that the General Assembly is followed by a Steering Committee meeting in order to confirm the appointment of the members of the Executive Committee.
Our notary has advised that the Steering Committee meeting after the General Assembly must:
- Officially appoint Ms Mira Milosevic as Executive Director
- Confirm that the position of Exective Director is also a non-voting member of GFMD's Executive Committee.
The roles and responsibilties of the GFMD administrative body, the Executive Committee - including the Executive Director's membership of the Executive Committee - is outlined in Section 6.6.1 Executive Committee Role and Selection.
The GFMD Secretariat would like to put forward CHRISTIAN MISSANTE SRL to audit GFMD accounts for the current financial year.
CHRISTIAN MISSANTE SRL
Avenue du Martin Pecheur, 56 bte 26 - 1170 Watermael-Boitsfort, RPM Bruxelles
Auditor - Christian Missante
If GFMD members wish to suggest any additions to the agenda, please do so by Thursday 24th March.
Please note that the GFMD Steering Committee will be meeting to discuss strategic matters, approval of new members and other issues on Thursday 7th April at the International Journalism Festival in Perugia, Italy.